Ayurvedic herbs can be used without the fear of any allergens or any side effects. It can be really beneficial in attaining natural and glowing skin. Ayurvedic remedies can help your skin according to the different “doshas “of the body and skin. It helps to achieve the ultimate skin radiance, which is known as” ojas” in Ayurveda. So a little research before purchasing a skin care product, that is infused with Ayurvedic ingredients will be really beneficial for the health of your skin. Here is a list of the Ayurvedic ingredients that will surely help to make your skin glowing and vibrant.
1. Aloevera - Aloevera with its multiple benefits for health is infused with anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal properties for helping the skin to be smooth, supple and vibrant looking. It can be used as a toner and for diminishing the blemishes and rashes, which results in soothing sensations. Also named as ghritkumari, this Ayurvedic ingredient can surely give you lot of relief from many skin ailments.
2. Ashwagandha - Ashwagandha works magically for calming and hydrating the skin with its bio active principles like saponins, withanolides and alkaloids .With the goodness of “Rasayana”, it can be really beneficial in eradicating the effects of pollution on our body and skin. It can be take internally or can be used via product that contain this natural herb. Ashwagandha also aids to boost the collagen production, which is ultimately necessary for increasing the elasticity of the skin. With constant consumption of this antioxidant rich ingredient, it can results in glowing and vibrant skin, and it also helps to reduce the stress hormones.
3. Neem - The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of neem, works really well for controlling the excessive oil (sebum) by minimizing the size of skin pores. Neem juice, however bitter in taste can be really beneficial in flushing out all the toxins for keeping the body and skin healthy. This is the reason why neem is used in soaps and lotions for fighting the eczema, rashes and acne by killing the bacteria.
4. Honey - Honey works really well for improving the texture of the skin, and also acts as moisturizers for making the skin soften from deep within. The antiseptic and antioxidant properties of honey works really better for eradicating the dirt from the pores and eliminate blackheads and blemishes.
5. Saffron or Kesar - With anti-fungal properties in saffron, it helps in skin lightening and brightening. The numeral beauty beneficial saffron also helps to diminish the acne, pimples, blackheads and even blemishes also. Simply add some strands of saffron in warm milk and apply that mixture to the face next day for revealing a healthy and glowing skin.
6. Turmeric - The antioxidant and antibiotic properties of turmeric works really well for reviving the skin and making it glow and vibrant. The antiseptic properties of this bitter ingredient helps to fade the acne, blemishes also. Curcumin available in turmeric with antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties, helps in eliminating the pollutants that cause skin damage. You can make a DIY face mask with turmeric by adding honey also. Keep it on your face for 15 minutes and then rinse it off well for glowing skin.
7. Amla - Amla also known as gooseberry really helps your skin to age slowly, because of its antioxidant and vitamin C properties. Regular consumption of Amla juice by adding honey for make it tasty, can increase the level of vitamin C, which in turn boost the collagen production of your skin. It also works excellently for cleansing the skin and getting rid of dead skin cells to revealing the fresh new skin.
8. Giloy - The anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties of giloy has garnered recent popularity. It helps to fade away all the fine lines, dark spots, acne or any other signs reflect on the skin, by reviving the skin tissues.
9. Tulsi - Tulsi with its adaptogenic properties, really effective in fading the acne, similar to neem .It also works as a cleanser to eradicate the dead skin cells, removing excessive oil (sebum) and impurities by unclogging the pores.
10. Sandalwood - Sandalwood powder is also one of the best Ayurvedic ingredients for skin. It helps to tackle acne, signs of aging by exfoliating the skin. It can be used as powder or oil, especially sandalwood oil which acts as shield for skin against the environmental pollutants and sun exposure.