Skin is not a just a visible outer layer of the body. It is the largest organ of our body which is assigned with many important duties like protecting the body from the harmful bacteria, viruses, sun damage, cold, hot and other factors also. Skin also aids in giving us the ability of sense of touch which is really beneficial. Healthy and glowing skin is the indicator of a healthy body. There are many factors such as hectic schedules, inadequate sleep, harmful sun damage (UVA/UVB), unhealthy eating habits, excessive smoking, pollution can make your skin unhealthy and dull looking.
These unhealthy components can steal the radiance from your skin and leads to many unpleasant issues of skin like age spots, wrinkles, dark circles, acne, blemishes, large pores and other skin ailments. Aging can make our skin thinner and drier. In this article we will let you know about the tips for getting a softer, smoother and glowing skin by preventing it from skin ailments by changing lifestyle practices and skincare techniques.
Below are the tips for achieving the glowing skin.
1. Cleansing - Cleansing your face with face wash cleanser is really essential in removing the impurities from the skin such as dirt, bacteria, excessive oil, pollutants and helps in unclogging the pores on the skin. Clogged pores results in accumulation of dirt and bacteria on skin pores which leads to acne, blemishes, excessive oil on skin, pimples and other skin ailments. Choose natural ingredients based face cleanser like Kassaya Tea Tree Face wash infused with Tea Tree oil, Neem and Green tea extracts and other complimentary ingredients for making your skin look glowing and healthy by removing the impurities. It is also free harmful chemicals like paraben and sulphate, so you can use it without the fear of any allergens or skin irritations. Use face wash cleanser morning and in the evening for cleansing out all the impurities and making your face ready for the application of other products on the skin.
2. Exfoliate - The dead skin cells accumulated with dirt and bacteria can make the skin look dull and flaky. The shedding of dead skin cells is a natural process, however with aging this process slow down. Exfoliation of skin twice a week using a scrub can be really beneficial in removing the dead skin cells from the skin and revealing the fresh skin underneath the dead skin cells. It will surely help your skin getting instant glow. Use a natural ingredient based like walnuts or honey paste enabled scrub for exfoliation for making the surface of the skin smoother and clearer.
3. Moisturize - Lack of moisture in skin can make your skin look extremely dry and patchy. Dehydrated skin triggers numerous skin concerns as well as visible signs of aging. Moisturizing the skin after exfoliation is really necessary for preventing the skin from over dryness and making the skin hydrated and soften. It also helps to repair the natural barrier of the skin and making the skin slightly shiny. If you have an oily skin then go for a lightweight moisturizer and you can opt for a thick moisturizer for dry skin. Use a moisturizer cream, gel or lotion and moisturize your skin at least one time in a day for getting adequate amount of hydration and making your skin soft and supple.
4. Healthy Diet - It is often said “You are what you eat”. Healthy and glowing skin can be achieved not only by caring your skin from outside but also needs to nourish your skin from inside. Super foods that are rich with antioxidants help in boosting the glow of your skin as well as beneficial for our overall health also. Eating foods rich with vitamin C which is a great source of antioxidants such as oranges, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, sweet potatoes etc. can be really beneficial in achieving glowing skin. Avocado, nuts, walnuts and seeds are also rich with healthy fats that can be really beneficial in making the appearance of the skin better. Processed foods such as refined grain, foods high in sugar and fats should be avoided as it can negatively affect the collagen production, which is concerned with the elasticity of the skin.
5. Stay Hydrated- Drinking water at least 2 liters a day can work as a wonder for hydrating your skin as well as making your skin glowing, soft and supple. It also aids in flushing out all toxins, which ultimately results in clearer and glowing skin without the visible signs of aging. Actually water helps in forming the skin’s natural barrier, without adequate hydration, your skin can look dull and dry.
6. Adequate Sleep - Adequate amount of sleep for 7-8 hours can be really beneficial in exfoliation as well as cell turnover that can make your skin look younger and glowing. Sound sleep also boosts collagen production which aids in improving the elasticity of the skin. Without proper sleep your skin can look dull and reflect signs of dark circles and puffiness around eyes.