Cleansing your face properly will surely help your skin in improving its texture and appearance. Face cleansing is the easiest and simplest task we do every day. I mean it’s really easy, just splashing some water on the face, rubbing some cleanser and pat drying. However face cleansing is a lot more than that, as it requires proper time and attention to remove all the dirt, bacteria, makeup and other impurities to enhance the natural beauty. So little effort in face cleansing and results can be really effective. Following the face cleansing procedure religiously for twice a week, you will surely see a transformation in your skin’s appearance.
Scroll down to find the easy and effective steps for a perfect face cleansing
1. Cleansing - For this first step wash your face with a mild cleanser/face wash and pat the skin dry with a soft and clean towel to remove all the dirt and bacteria. Cleanse your face twice a day, morning and evening. Use a natural makeup remover to remove any makeup you put on your face before using cleanser.
It is essential to wash your face with lukewarm or cool water, as hot water can strip off the essential oils and make your skin dry. Use a pH balanced cleanser to remove all the dirt, bacteria, excessive oil and other impurities without harming the skin.
Use Kassaya Tea Tree Face Wash enriched with natural ingredients and free from chemicals like Paraben and Sulphate for giving a splash of freshness on your skin and removing all the impurities from skin.
2. Steaming - Steaming up the face can be really beneficial in opening the pores and removing the blackheads and whiteheads also and making your skin soft and supple. After the exfoliation you can steam your face with a facial steamer or you can also do it with DIY steamer.
Take a bowl of steam water; you can also add essential oils in the boiling water also like lavender and bergamot oils. Cover your head with a towel and bend over to take the steam as long as your skin can sustain, maximum 5 to 10 minutes before wiping your face with a facial tissue.
You can also use ice cubes to cool down the temperature of the skin and tighten the pores of the skin. Steaming aids in removing toxins and getting rid from the blackhead and whiteheads, in order to make the skin soft and supple. Do it once or twice a week for best results.
3. Exfoliation - Have you ever experience that your face appears to be dull; it is because of the accumulation of the dead skin cells. A mere face wash cannot extract the dead skin cells, blackheads and dirt deep inside from the pores.
Instructions for exfoliation/Scrubbing-
- Wet your face, then use a natural and gentle scrub and massage in circular motions all over your face except the delicate area around the eyes.
- After 3 to 5 minutes of scrubbing wash your face with lukewarm or cool water and pat dry with soft towel.
- Do not scrub your skin too hard as it can damage your skin or make your skin dry by extracting the essential oils and moisture from the skin.
- Do exfoliation only 1 to 2 times a week as over exfoliation can harm your skin?
4. Face Pack - Applying face pack or face mask can be really beneficial in making your skin moisturized and soft, no matter what your skin type is. Apply a face pack generously over your face, leave it relax and let it dry. It will generally take about 20 to 25 minutes for the face pack to be dries out, wash away with water and pat dry with towel. Face pack can surely moisturize and improve the appearance of the skin to a great extend.
5. Toning - Toning is also one of the most prominent steps in face cleansing. It helps to shrink the pores of skin and make it hydrated. Toning is also effective in balancing the pH balance of the skin.
Apply the toner by using a cotton pad and swipe on the face and neck and let it dry. Use a chemical free and mild toner to help refresh your skin.
6. Moisturize - Moisturizing is the most calming and effective step in face cleansing or any skin care regime. Moisturizer helps to lock in the moisture after the deep cleansing of the skin. Skin may feel dry or tight after cleansing, sometimes even peel or crack, moisturizers helps to comfort the skin and prevents over dryness.
It will help to make your skin look fresh and glowing always. Use a light moisturizer if you have an oily skin for preventing the skin to be more oily and greasy. For dry skin a cream based moisturizer will be really beneficial. Take a pea size of moisturizer cream and apply and massage all over the face and neck for best results.