Aloe Vera with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties is widely used in many cosmetics and skincare products. It is a plant of the cactus family and recognized because of a gel like substance, more like a transparent gel found inside the leaves of the plant, that has amazing hydrating and moisturizing abilities. Aloe Vera is also enriched with active constituents like Vitamin A, B, C, E and enzymes, sugars, minerals and also includes salicylic and amino acids.
The Aloe Vera gel is mostly made of water approximately 95% with moisturizing and skin healing abilities. Basically Aloe Vera works as an all rounder as it aids in healing as well as soothing the skin. It is also really beneficial in preventing acne and making the skin appearance better. In this article we will let you know about how beneficial Aloe Vera is for your skin and the reasons why it should be in your skincare arsenal.
Benefits of Aloe Vera for Skin -
1. For preventing Acne - The salicylic acid in Aloe Vera helps to unclog the pores that are accumulated with dirt and bacteria, which works effectively to tackle the acne, pimples, blackheads and other breakouts. The anti-bacterial and anti-Inflammatory properties of Aloe Vera are really effective in preventing the bacteria that causes the acne. It also aids in fading and removing the scars and blemishes that acne leaves. The Aloe Vera gel can be used directly and also available in skin care products like Kassaya Tea Tree Face wash infused with Aloe Vera and other complimentary ingredients for both oily and dry skin, it will surely help you to getting rid of acne prone skin.
2. Moisturization - Aloe Vera mostly contains water (95%), so it naturally hydrates and moisturizes the skin. It also aids in making the top layer of the skin cells glued together which aids in softer and smoother skin. Not only for dry skin, Aloe Vera works as an excellent moisturizer for oily and sensitive skin also. Aloe Vera will surely help your skin getting the adequate moisture in both winter and summer without making your skin greasy. The light texture of the Aloe Vera will surely make your skin soothing and help improving the appearance of the skin.
3. Slows down the process of aging - With aging the skin tends to loss its elasticity and shows the signs of aging like wrinkles, saggy skin, fine lines and crow’s feet etc. With the healing and moisturizing abilities of Aloe Vera, it aids to retain the skin’s moisture and also helps in reducing and fading the fine lines and visible wrinkles from the skin. Aloe Vera also aids in restoring the skin cells, which ultimately improves the elasticity of the skin.
4. Soothing skin irritation - The anti-fungal and soothing properties of Aloe Vera works magically for soothing the irritated skin such as redness, infections, rashes and itchiness. Aloe Vera is enriched with Acemannan compounds that is rich with anti-fungal abilities for handling the inflammatory skin issues.
5. Soothing Sunburns - Sunburns can be quite painful. A compound called carboxypeptidase is available in Aloe Vera which acts as a pain relief for the sunburn and makes it soothing. Aloe Vera can be applied to the sun burnt skin for soothing and treating the sunburn with its effective ultra calming properties. That is the reason why Aloe Vera is also known as” Burn Plant” for its effectiveness for soothing sunburns and giving relief from visible signs of sun damage.
6. For Cleansing Skin - Aloe Vera has a great ability to cleanse out all the dirt and bacteria accumulated on the skin because of pollution. Using a face wash cleanser enriched with Aloe Vera can be really effective in repairing and recovering the skin from the harmful effects of the pollution of all day.
7. Helping the exfoliation process - Aloe Vera gel helps in improving the process of exfoliation by preventing the natural oils and adequate moisture stripping off from skin. Also Aloe Vera can work as a slight exfoliator as it is infused with salicylic acid that aids in removing the dead skin cells from the skin.
8. For Treating eczema and psoriasis - Eczema and psoriasis both can cause itchiness and inflammation. Aloe Vera with its hydrating and moisturizing abilities can be really beneficial in giving relief from the itchiness and inflammation.