It is often said that” You are what you Eat”, and food that you eat have a direct influence on your skin. The power of food as a medicine should be recognized because, it effects your skin and overall health to a great extent. If your skin is reflecting the signs of pimples, pop up acne, blemishes or signs of aging, than you must be indulged in too much of aging food, coffee or other unhealthy food that can have negative impacts on your skin and overall health. Your skin is the reflection of what you eat, so logically if bad eating habits negatively impact the skin, than imagine eating the best foods will surely help your skin tackling skin issues and make it look younger and glowing.
Here are some of the foods that you should include in your groceries list, that will surely nourish and make your skin healthy from inside out
1. Avocados - Avocado with its delicious taste is also enriched with healthy skin cells and vitamin E .By penetrating the cells at deepest level, avocado helps building healthy skin cells. Rich with antioxidant, avocado also helps to prevent the skin from damages by improving the barrier function and also helps in hydrating the skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of avocado aids to diminish the redness and inflammation. That is the reason behind avocados used mostly in face masks because of is moisturizing, anti-acne and anti-aging properties.
2. Walnuts - Walnuts are enriched with omega 3 fatty acids, and are really helpful in improving skin’s elasticity and make it youthful and glowing .Elasticity of skin is increased by surging up the collagen production. It also helps to reduce the stress and works as a heart health booster. It helps boosting vitamin B levels which ultimately proves vital for tackling and eradicating wrinkles and fine lines.
3. Tomatoes - Tomatoes contain antioxidant and vitamin C for strengthening the immune system .According to some studies lycopene present in tomatoes helps fighting the UV rays and protecting the body from harmful effects of UV rays.
4. Food Enriched with Vitamin C - Vitamin C enriched foods are found in variety of fruits and vegetable such as citrus fruit, oranges, strawberries, and oranges. It is beneficial for boosting collagen production and makes your skin supple, youthful and healthy. If vitamin C is taken adequately it can keep the skin hydrated and prevent it from becoming too dry.
5. Green Veggies - Our skin is the largest organs and it needs all the vitamins to improve its functionality .The leafy green ingredients such as kale and spinach are rich with multivitamins like vitamin A,C and E. Vitamin A works really well against dry and flaky skin. It is also enriched with collagen boosting vitamin C and also helps to protect the skin from damage. The anti inflammation properties of vitamin E available in these green veggies also helps the skin to be healthy and glowing.
6. Green Tea - Drinking Green Tea is said to be really beneficial for protecting the skin from UV damage and delaying the process of aging. It also helps to diminish the Acne .This is the reason why this super food is the hottest trend in the skin care and cosmetic industry. The anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties of green tea aids in tackling many skin related problems.
7. Pomegranate - Pomegranates are a really good source of antioxidants and also vitamin C, which is essential in boosting the collagen and treating the dull and dry skin. Polyphenoles in pomegranate works as a shield for the skin cells and protects the skin from oxidative damaged caused by sun. As 82% of pomegranate volume weight is infused with water, it keeps the skin to be hydrated and make it glow. Including pomegranate in your diet also helps you to tackle the wrinkles and sagging skin, it helps in regeneration of new skills, which results in wrinkle free and youthful skin.
8. Dark Chocolate - Yes, there are skin benefits eating chocolates as it is high in anti oxidant properties, it acts as a barrier for the skin against the harmful UV rays. By reducing the stress hormones, it also helps to reduce rough and scaly skin and results in vibrant and glowing skin.