Green Tea is derived from the lightly steamed leaves of the Camellia sinensis plant, which is also known as ‘Tea shrub’. Green Tea is one of the most popular and commonly consumed teas in the world. The reason why green tea is regarded as a multiple health beneficiary beverage, because it is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients. With impressive effects on health, green tea is also beneficial for your skin also, that is the reason why green tea extracts the concentrated form of green tea is used in many skincare products as well as cosmetics also. Green tea is helpful and healthy for the skin in numerous ways and helps in improving and maintaining the health of the skin.
Here in this article we will let you know about how green tea can make your skin healthy and glowing as well as preventing the skin from skin ailments.
1. For Treating Acne - The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of green tea works effectively for treating acne. Acne happens when skin pores are clogged with excess sebum (oil) that results in accumulation of dirt and bacteria in skin pores leads to blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and other skin ailments. EGCG epigallocatechin gallate available in green tea aids in shrinking the skin pores and reducing the excessive sebum (oil) production. Polyphenoles available in green tea also aids to remove the bacterial growth that causes acne. That is the reason why green tea extracts are used in many skincare care products, especially face wash cleansers like Kassaya Tea Tree Face Wash infused with Tea Tree oil, Green tea extracts and other complimentary ingredients for removing the impurities from the skin and preventing the skin from acne and other skin ailments.
2. Anti-Aging - Aging or premature aging can be caused by many factors such as free radical damage, unhealthy diet, smoking and environmental pollutants. Green Tea is rich with EGCG a catechin, which holds the ability to reactivate the dying skin cells and works effectively for the reproduction of new skin cells that ultimately leads to reduce the signs of aging such as age spots and wrinkles.
Green Tea is also enriched with Vitamin B and vitamin E. Vitamin B holds the ability to maintain the collagen level, which in turn improve the firmness and elasticity of the skin. Vitamin E on the other hand encourages the generation of new skin cells that will surely make the skin more youthful and glowing as well as making the skin hydrated. This is the reason why many cosmetics companies use green tea in their products, for enabling the skin to be looking younger for longer time.
3. Eliminating Irritation and Redness -The high intake of polyphenoles called catechins makes the green tea rich with anti-inflammatory properties, which is really effective in reducing redness, irritation and swelling. With its anti-inflammatory properties green tea also works as a remedy for dermatological conditions by reducing the irritation caused by psoriasis, dermatitis and other skin ailments. Green tea based face wash is really beneficial in giving skin the adequate hydration and aids in reducing the redness and irritation.
4. For Treating Dark Circles and Puffiness around Eyes - The components available in green tea like caffeine, tannins and antioxidants are really helpful in shrinking the blood vessels underneath the eyes. It works effectively for reducing the puffiness and dark circles underneath the eyes. Placing green tea bags on eyes for 5 to 10 minutes can work as a miracle for reducing the visible puffiness around the eyes.
5. Gentle Exfoliation - Exfoliation is the process of removing the dead skin cells, excessive oils and other pollutants from the skin. Dry leaves of green tea which are infused with slightly abrasive texture and antioxidants can be used as a homemade scrub for removing dead skin cells and excessive oils. Exfoliation also helps the skin to regenerate new skin cells for a glowing appearance and reducing the signs of dullness and lifeless skin.
6. Protection from Sun Damage - Drinking green tea or applied topically can help the skin from the sun damage. It can effectively treat and reduce the inflammation, age spots and other skin ailments caused by too much sun exposure.
7. Fights Skin Cancer - Green tea contains the antioxidant abilities of EGCG and ECG that helps to fight the free radicals in the body and aids in repairing the DNA damage caused by UV rays. Free radicals are unstable and highly reactive molecules produced in the body, which can negatively your health and skin, if the level gets too high it can cause cancer also.