Acne is a skin condition when bacteria, oil and dirt gathered in the plugged pores of our skin. The openings of pores are caused when hair follicles plugged with oil and dead skin cells. The large pores openings become blackheads, while small pores transformed into whiteheads. It is the most common state of skin that approximately 80% of people experience in their lifetime.
The most common regions where acne might occur are face, forehead, shoulders, chest and upper back, because most of the oil glands are there. Mostly acne is caused by hormonal changes, however some theories shows that eating fast food, whey proteins and diets with high quantity of sugar, may also leads to acne prone skin.
The main causes of acne are bacteria, excess oil (sebum production), hair follicles clogged by oil and dead skin cells.
Natural Ingredients for tackling Acne: Let’s talk about the natural ingredients that can be used to prevent or minimize the occurrence of Acne. Here are some of the nature’s best ingredients for tackling Acne.
1.Tea Tree oil - Tea Tree oil also known as Melaleuca oil, derived from the leaves of Melaleuca Tree native to Australia .Tea Tree oil is globally recognized and acclaimed for its purity and quality and it includes the anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral properties.
The anti-bacterial properties of Tea Tree oil also known as terperns, tackles the bacteria causing the acne from the root, which minimizes the occurrence of acne, it also helps to minimize the itchiness also. Tea Tree oil also shows positive effects on redness of skin and make it more hydrated and glowing also. Many studies shows that this Australian native oil is best in healing excessive oil and reduces pore size, which ultimately prevents acne.
2. Neem - Neem also known as (Azadirachta indica) is a tree native to Indian subcontinent. It possesses the anti bacterial and anti inflammation properties. This natural herb has oil controlling techniques, which helps to minimize the size of pores on skin and tone the skin.
It also helps to balance the skin’s pH balance and minimizes blemishes and scars. For fighting acne it actually shrinks large pores and diminish impurities to tighten the pores using exfoliating agent. Neem is also enriched with fatty acids and a material similar to aspirin for tackling acne and preventing further breakouts.
3. Green Tea - Green Tea is a Tea extract which is derived from the Camellia sinensis plant. Green Tea is enriched with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and especially rich in epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which reduces excess sebum (oil) in skin, ultimately it will stop clogging pores to prevent the occurrence of Acne. Polyphenoles in Green Tea is great remedy for fighting infections and treating bacterial growth that causes Acne.
4. Turmeric - Turmeric with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties acts as great tool for preventing the skin from acne. Found mostly in every Indian cuisines, the compound curcumin enables the skin to protect itself and fight back the damage caused by acne breakouts. Turmeric also helps to increase the appearance of skin with its anti oxidant properties to prevent the skin from acne.
5. Aloevera - Aloevera with its anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties can be really beneficial for preventing the acne and make the skin appearance better. The gel inside the Aloevera leaves is used, as it contains the moisturizing properties, which can be really beneficial for people who got acne, because of having dry or patchy skin.
If you are looking for an ingredient that can soothe and make your skin free from acne, then Aloevera is one of them. Use Kassaya Tea Tree oil face wash infused with Aloevera and other complimentary ingredients for both oily and dry, it will surely help you to get rid of the acne prone skin.’
6. Honey - Honey can also be used to treat acne. It can be really beneficial for clearing the clogged pores and bacteria from the skin with its antioxidant properties. You can use the cotton with honey to apply the honey on acne or pimples. Apply honey on your face and massage it gently, rinse it off after 20 minutes. Constant use of this technique can be really beneficial for fading the acne and scars on your skin.