Skin is the largest organ of our body. Skin helps to regulate the body temperature as well as making us feel the sensations of pain, heat, cold and touch etc. It also aids in protecting the body from microbes and other environmental pollutants. Because skin is large in size, it is also vulnerable to a wide range of skin concerns. The factors that are responsible for damaging the skin’s appearance are exposure to sun, environmental factors, genetics, age, viruses and other factors. Our skin has to go through a plethora of skin care concerns like excessive oil, wrinkles, acne, blemishes and so on. In this article we will discuss some of the common skincare problems that almost everyone face as well as solutions for combating these skincare related issues that you should be aware of.
1. Acne - Acne is a skin condition when sebaceous glands gets overactive and produce excessive oil which can clog up the hair follicles and skin pores with dirt, bacteria and oil that results in opening of pores. The large pores become blackheads while small pores transformed into whiteheads. About 80% of the people approximately experience acne in their lifetime. Acne mainly occurs on face, forehead, shoulder, chest and upper back because most of the oil glands are there. The main causes of acne can be hormonal changes, excessive oil production, eating foods high in sugar, whey proteins, stress and unhygienic lifestyle etc.
Acne is not damaging for your health however it can have some negative effect on your confidence and self esteem. Dealing with acne can be frustrating sometimes as it may be annoying. There can be many lifestyle habits or acne treatments that are really beneficial for treating acne. Skipping unhealthy food habits like avoiding processed foods high in sugar can also help in treating acne. A natural ingredients based face cleanser can be really beneficial in treating acne effectively, use Kassaya Tea tree face wash for both oily and dry skin, infused with natural ingredients like Tea tree oil, Green tea and Neem extracts and other complimentary ingredients that can be really beneficial in preventing the excessive oil and treating acne. Enough exercise, adequate water, hygienic lifestyle and healthy foods can also aids in preventing the acne prone skin.
2. Dry Skin - Dry skin also known as xerosis. It is as skin condition when your skin is dehydrated and lacks moisture, appears as dry or flaky skin. It is generally common in winter season when the climate dries out. Environmental factors like cold, dry, windy or polluted environment can also cause the skin to dry out. When the moisture sheet is removed from the skin because of the environmental factors skin shows the patches of dryness, patchiness, flakiness or even noticeable cracking and scaling.
For preventing the skin from over dryness moisturize your skin daily especially in winters can be really effective in giving the adequate amount of hydration that is needed for the largest organ of our body. Moisturizer aids in helping the skin trapping the essential oils and making the skin glow. Dry and dead skin can also be the cause of dead skin cells when they stuck on the surface of the skin and make the skin look dull and flaky. Using a walnut or honey based scrub for exfoliation twice a week can be really beneficial in revealing the fresh skin cells underneath the dead skin. Our diet also has direct relation with our skin. Foods rich with vitamins such as A, C, E , antioxidants , citrus fruits, green vegetable, walnuts etc. are great source for providing the skin with adequate amount of hydration and moisture.
3. Skin Aging - Skin aging is avoidable, however sometimes the symptoms of skin aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, rough skin, dark spots etc. are more severe. There are many factors that affect the appearance of the skin make it look aged such as sun exposure, smoking, unhealthy diet etc. Free radicals that are response from the body towards sun exposure and environmental factors can also cause fine lines and wrinkles. That is the reason why antioxidants like vitamin C and E are found in many anti-aging skin care products to fight the free radicals which the body produces as a reaction to sun damage, environmental pollutant etc. So supplying antioxidants to the skin can be really beneficial in preventing the anti-aging symptoms and making the skin look plump out and youthful. Limiting the sun exposure by protecting the skin with sunscreen can also be really effective in making the skin smooth and rejuvenated again.
4. Dark Circles - Dark circles underneath the eyes is a common skin condition, it reflects darkened skin beneath the eyes. There are many factors that contribute to this skin issue such as lack of sleep is a widely known factor; others are allergies, sun exposure, diet, heredity etc. Skin around the eyes is more sensitive and thinner than other skin, so it is more vulnerable to the damage caused by UV rays emitted by sun and other environmental pollutants. Rubbing your eyes may create more irritation because it can damage the blood vessels of the delicate under eyes skin. Moisturizing the area underneath the eyes and using sunscreen daily can prevent the dark circles. Eye creams infused with brightening antioxidants like vitamin C and E can be really effective in treating and diminishing the dark circles around the eyes. If the dark circles look more blue grey, use a product containing caffeine to decrease the appearance of darkness underneath your eyes.
5. Oily Skin - Oily skin, greasiness and unwanted shine are one of the common skin care problems. Sebaceous glands produce an oily and waxy substance known as sebum (oil) which holds the ability to hydrate and moisturize the skin; however excessive sebum production may lead to clogged pores which are accumulated with dirt ,bacteria and oil which can cause acne, blemishes and other skin ailments. Sebaceous glands that are located under your skin’s surface are larger and more concentrated on face that is the reason why it produces more oil on face. There are many factors that can lead to oily skin such as genetic, environmental pollutants, stress or lifestyle factors.
Face cleansers can be beneficial for preventing the excessive oil from the skin, cleaning the pores and removing the dirt and bacteria from the skin pores. A natural astringent toner enriched with witch hazel can be helpful in preventing the skin from excessive oiliness. You can use cotton balls to brush it all over the face in order to shrink the clogged pores that are accumulated with dirt and bacteria. Face mask can also be helpful in removing the impurities from the skin and preventing the excessive oil in the pores.
Avoiding unhealthy diet like foods rich with high intake of sugar and fat foods can also help prevent the excessive oil production in the body. Foods rich with antioxidants like blueberries, apples, beans, bright colored fruits, green vegetables and omega 3 fatty acids can be really helpful in controlling the oil mechanism as well as improving the appearance of the skin.
6. Dark Spots - Ultra-violet radiation from the sun can lead to many skin ailments, dark spots is one of them. Dark spot is a flat brownish spot appear on sun exposed areas such as face, neck and hands. Excessive sun exposure triggers the melanin production in the body. Specific areas where melanin is excessive, reflects darks spots on skin. Antioxidants are really helpful in treating the dark spots. Skincare products infused with ingredients like vitamin C, retinoid etc. are really beneficial in preventing dark spots and other ageing symptoms. Exfoliation can also help fade the dark spots by encouraging the cell generation and reducing the pigmentation of skin.